Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Homeless - it's a good thing!

One more step toward leaving for Chad - we are now officially homeless! Our apartment was checked out and we are temporarily sharing accommodation with our two sons. We praise God for giving us the energy (and help from family members) to cope with this gigantic job. A few more boxes to sort through. Need to pare down to two suitcases each. "This world is not my home, I'm just a-passing through . . ." "I'm just passing through, I don't have time to play, I'm on business for my King and I can't stay. Just like Abraham, I'm just passing through, a messenger am I with a song about Salvation from on High."

4 comments:

  1. Kel & Josie, You both are such a positive influence to those that know you! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many blessings to you both. You will have our prayers. May God richly bless you in this new move of faith.
    Love to the both of you,
    Don & Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know you but I lived with Gary and Wendy in Tchad in 07-08. It was a very hard but GREAT year. I'll be praying for you. You can read some of my experiences on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking of you, praying for you! It is not an easy time, we know, and one has lots of mixed feelings - excited to be going, but sad about leaving loved ones behind, uncertainty about how things will be there etc etc.
    But God has called & you're following in faith, and having been there (not to that particular place!) and done that, we can honestly say that God has promised to be with you. He will always come through for you, and your relationship with Him will grow even deeper, as you depend on Him more and more.
    Plus, we all are praying for you!!!
    Love and hugs.
    Dawn and Ray.

    ReplyDelete